PHIGBLOG is about growing food in Philadelphia. PHIGBLOG is a news service covering urban farming, edible landscaping, and related themes. PHIGBLOG is a guidebook for city folks to learn more about how to grow their own food. PHIGBLOG is about vegetables, fruit, nuts, herbs, chickens, and more.
- PHIGBLOG creator Phil Forsyth is a professional landscape designer specializing in ecological garden design, edible landscaping, and Permaculture. His company is Forsyth Gardens (www.forsythgardens.com).
- Mr. Forsyth has a BA in Landscape Design & Contracting from Colorado State University and a Permaculture Design Certificate from the Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute (www.crmpi.org).
- Mr. Forsyth currently serves as Orchard Director for the Philadelphia Orchard Project (www.phillyorchards.org), a non-profit that transforms neglected urban spaces into vibrant community orchards.
- Mr. Forsyth has previously worked as a landscape designer for Donald Pell Gardens.
- Prior to opening Forsyth Gardens in Philadelphia, Mr. Forsyth spent four years designing, developing, and managing an urban farm project at the site of the Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum in Brooklyn.
- Mr. Forsyth has written several articles published in the Permaculture Activist magazine.
- Mr. Forsyth has taught workshops on garden planning, fruit growing, permaculture, and more at a wide variety of venues including the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, the US Botanic Garden, PASA, Just Food, and Grow Together conferences.